Re: Also

At 06:43 PM 10/14/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Any help on lowering kits (parts) would be appreciated!
>Mike Weiler Talmage PA USA
>81's Scirocco 160k+ (stock so far)
>FOUR-FIG-NEWTONS!!!

Easy, do as I preach all the time, call Timmons VW. I buy most all my stock
and performance parts there. 1-800-266-3247. All you need to lower your
Scirocco is a set of Neuspeed Racing springs and for optimum handeling, get
the Koni adjustable shocks. (I just drove home and on a turn that I barely
could do 90 thru before the changing of my springs/shocks. Today, I did 110
and had NO tire squeal, total traction. I could of gone faster but I had no
more motor left to get me there since it is a short time after the stop
sign.) If its peak handeling you want, this is the setup. Its expensive,
around $700. Well worth it. Im hanging onto my old Neuspeed Sport lowering
springs for my next Scirocco!
The race springs lowered my car about 2". (Ive got about 1 1/2 inches from
the fender lip to the top of the tire and I have the full 4" of suspension
travel!) The sports lowered my car by about 1 1/2 inches. Obviously, the
race springs are more expensive but I wish I had gotten them instead of the
sport lowering springs. The race springs are firmer than the sport springs
but at the same time are quite comfortable.
The shocks are adjustable so if your into autoxing, you can set them really
hard for max cornering and for the ride home, full soft to save the ol'
kidneys!
You cant do the springs without getting into swaybars and stress bars. For a
total handeling package, you will need more done to the car.
There are many other options available to you, depending on your wants and
needs and the biggest factor, how big your bank is!
Need more info??

Shawn