RE: Rieger body kit mit 10" wheels and in the autox

At 08:00 PM 10/14/96 -0500, you wrote:

>> The problem with the other wide body kit is the supper wide rear tires,
>> 15X8 in the front and 15X10 in the back.  What use is there for wide rear
>> tires on a front wheel drive car, or how will you ever be able to rotate
>> those expensive tires....??
>
>true it seems pointless to put the wide tires in the back..your certainly
>not going to getting the tourque applied there..but..the more contact
>patch you have..front and back provides for more stability..maybe not for
>the hardcore auto-xer but for me the street driver..the wider the better.

Its been my experience that with our FWD cars with all the weight in the
nose of the car and hardly none in the tail end to help it turn in them 90+
deg hairpins, the last thing I would want is more contact patch on the rear
axle. If anything I would want less back there so the car will help itself
through the turns by being a little loose. Remember, loose IS fast!
That was the first thing when i saw the A-1 bodied car with the wide ass
rear flares and the extra wide tire/wheels combo on the rear. Besides that,
the kit must weigh a ton! I know it might require the removal of the stock
body pieces it replaces but I doubt it! If you guys have looked at the
little body kit we make, even that kit weighs 340 lbs! Thats a ton of weight
to add our cars to be hauling around. (even on a Jetta) Its like always
having a car full of people in the car whenever you leave. Not only that,
but what about when you DO have a car full?? GEEZ!!
Nuff said. ya.

Shawn