Re: Custom tranny?

Wes Shew wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Ray Dowling wrote:
>
> > Ray   - '81 Scirocco_S (1.8L,G-Grind Cam,carb (Yuck!),& Custom Tranny)
> >         (Body still under construction...)
>
> What's a custom tranny? Are you restoring the body from bare metal?

 The gear ratios in my tranny aren't stock on any model or year. 4100RPM
@ 70Mph - Near redline @ 100.

 As for the body, it is simply in less than pristine shape. It's
certainly a project car. A little rust here, a few small dings there....

 Ray - '81 Scirocco_S (1.8L, G-Grind, Carb, & Super-short geared tranny)