Re: Custom tranny?

At 09:51 AM 10/15/96 -0500, you wrote:

> The gear ratios in my tranny aren't stock on any model or year. 4100RPM
>@ 70Mph - Near redline @ 100.
>
> As for the body, it is simply in less than pristine shape. It's
>certainly a project car. A little rust here, a few small dings there....
>
> Ray - '81 Scirocco_S (1.8L, G-Grind, Carb, & Super-short geared tranny)

Why the extreme short gearing?? My G/F has just bought an 86' GLi that at
100 is doing 5,000 rpm's. She wants taller gears for it because she likes
the way my Scirocco winds out 2nd gear at 60mph. I bet at 5 mph you shift,
15 you shift, 26 you shift, 49 you shift and at 56 you shift? What do you
do, tow with it? Tell us, tell us, we wanna know, Ray!!  :)

Shawn