Re: Custom tranny?

Shawn Meze wrote:

> Why the extreme short gearing?? My G/F has just bought an 86' GLi that at
> 100 is doing 5,000 rpm's. She wants taller gears for it because she likes
> the way my Scirocco winds out 2nd gear at 60mph. I bet at 5 mph you shift,
> 15 you shift, 26 you shift, 49 you shift and at 56 you shift? What do you
> do, tow with it? Tell us, tell us, we wanna know, Ray!!  :)

Unfortunatly, these ratios aren't by choice. (Though there are those
that would love to have them.) The car came with them. I bought it from
a used car dealer that had been racing 'roccos. I recently spoke with
him, & he seemed to be interested in getting this tranny back... So...
As soon as he can find a less tense tranny to swap it with, I'll
actually be able to go on a trip. Right now, I don't get on the
interstates much because the speed limit here is 70.

 Ray - '81 Scirocco_S (Very Tense Gearing)