Re: question on parking lite assembly

On 15 Oct 96 at 21:52, Shawn Meze wrote:

> Tell me about the bumper bracket?? Does it illiminate the need for
> the bumper "shocks"?

I never replied to this.  Somehow I doubt that this is a serious
question, especially coming from you <G> but I'll treat it as if it
was.  I was referring to the brackets that mount on each side behind
the bumper and hold the plastic bumper cover in place.  I put
it on today and used Forever Black on the plastics all around the
car.  In the process I broke the damn piece that is just in front of
the driver's side rear wheel.  The top pin broke off when trying to
remove it to apply the black.  Figures.....fix one thing, break
another!  I also replaced the RF park/turn lite ass'y (thanks
Rodney!!)  and left side wiper arm (the old one had a wind shield,
which did not fit the new one cuz it's missing the holes:( )  I also
hit some spots with touch up paint.  It almost looks normal now :)
If only I had the $$$ and time to get it sitting just a wee bit
higher.

> Have fun turning wrenches this weekend, ill be racing at the SD
> Staduim and then were gonna do a banzai run up to Irvine to race
> there! What I will do to race!

Well, how did ya do?  Inquiring minds want to know......

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)