Re: chirping in 2nd...

VanAm wrote:
> Just my opinion...something that's always bugged me is when
> some people judge their car's power on how well it can spin or chirp
> tires.  I think any driver can who shift halfway decent can chirp
> second gear on any car(8V, too!  :-) ).  The Chevette I had (no, not
> proud of that :-) ) would chirp tires in 2nd!  Any car will chirp 2nd
> gear if you try hard enough.
>

>>not if the tires are extra sticky!  I suppose on all seasons it wouldn't
>>be too hard,

Yeah, you're right, good point.  I have to really rev my 8V in first to
get the Continental CV90 Sport Contacts to chirp in second.
The CV90 are actually pretty good tires.  Anyone have any experience
with these?  Whatever you do, stay away from Kelly!  Oh, they suck!
They make you feel like you're driving in a bowl of Jello.  I bought a
set of four, drove about 2 miles on a curvy road, turned right around,
and turned them in to get another set of CV90.  They're that bad!

-Mike
89 Scala 8V