Re: chirping in 2nd...

<< Yeah, you're right, good point.  I have to really rev my 8V in first to
 get the Continental CV90 Sport Contacts to chirp in second.
 The CV90 are actually pretty good tires.  Anyone have any experience
 with these?  Whatever you do, stay away from Kelly!  Oh, they suck!
 They make you feel like you're driving in a bowl of Jello.  I bought a
 set of four, drove about 2 miles on a curvy road, turned right around,
 and turned them in to get another set of CV90.  They're that bad!  >>

Soo, this reaises a good topic, in my opinion.  What kind of tires do you
guys recomend?

Also, I have decided to go with 14" wheels on my '84 instead of 15" (so I can
keep the same diameter of the tires)  The stock config. on my car is
175-70-R13.  To keep the same diameter on 14" wheels, what size tire do I
need to get?  175-70-R14?

OH, and one more question, then I'll shut up.  With 14" wheels, what are the
biggest brakes you can bolt on?  Also, can I put a 16v Scirocco master
cylender and still use the orriginal, 8v brake booster?  What other changes
might I have to make?

Thanks,

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco