Re: chirping in 2nd...

At 12:49 PM 11/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>At 12:12 AM 11/26/96 -0800, you wrote:
>>can make em squeal up to third gear. (Treadwear of 400!)
>
>400!  WTF?!  Infinitreads or some such crap?
>
>(Ed looks at his 80 treadwears...)

heh, something like that. They're Dunlop cheapies. Heres the theory:
I have a harder compound tire for the street. Why you ask? Well well,
you see I drive my car everyday and if I had a soft compound tire, I
would waste them in a month! Ive had these tires for 6 months and
they're still so
rta meaty. I do suffer some in the traction dept but, then again, I
stil can out handle any V8, V6 or Turbo thru the canyon! They try to
stick with me but always fall back in the tight sections so theres no
need for a mor
e expensive, stickier, wear prone tire.
Class dismissed........

Shawn