Re: chirping in 2nd...

At 07:53 PM 11/25/96 -0500, you wrote:
>VanAm wrote:
>> Just my opinion...something that's always bugged me is when
>> some people judge their car's power on how well it can spin or chirp
>> tires.  I think any driver can who shift halfway decent can chirp
>> second gear on any car(8V, too!  :-) ).  The Chevette I had (no, not
>> proud of that :-) ) would chirp tires in 2nd!  Any car will chirp
2nd
>> gear if you try hard enough.
>>
>not if the tires are extra sticky!  I suppose on all seasons it
wouldn't
>be too hard,
>Josh  Clark

Thats true. even tho my street tires are 15X7 with 195/50's on them, I
can make em squeal up to third gear. (Treadwear of 400!) My racing
tires are 215/50 BGF R-1's on 13X7 wheels and I can only burn them in
first gear. (
Treadwear of 60) Being a smaller diameter and thinner tire, you would
think I could smoke the BFG's but its simply not true. (Not that I
would want to waste a $500 set or tires) Theres alot of factors in
being able to bre
ak traction.
Besides all of this, it's all not really important to anything to begin
with. I guess some guys feel more manly when they can make noise with
their tires. I just dont get the correlation between tire noise and
manlyhood?
How do they connect?? Do the top fuel drag racing guys that do them
long smokey burnouts get an incredible woodie? I wouldnt think
so.......

Shawn