80 headlights, yet again

I am having a new problem with the headlights on my 80 scirocco.
OK...
My headlights do not turn on immediatly after I flip the switch.  But
the problem is only apperent when the car is cold.  After its warmed
up if I shut them off then on, its fine.  This problem really would
not bother me but the time for them to turn on is getting longer and
longer.  This could be attributed to either the weather is getting
colder here day by day, something is getting ready to brake or maybe
the car is just getting a bit tired in its old age.

First they took about five seconds to come on.  Now they take about
30 seconds.  I should also add that it is only the headlights that
lag.  The parking lights come on right away.

This confuses me more than my poor spelling confuses you guys.

                           Jay

VW Scirocco 1988 16v
VW Scirocco 1980