Re: 80 headlights, yet again

> I am having a new problem with the headlights on my 80 scirocco.
> OK...
> My headlights do not turn on immediatly after I flip the switch.  But
> the problem is only apperent when the car is cold.  After its warmed
> up if I shut them off then on, its fine.  This problem really would
> not bother me but the time for them to turn on is getting longer and
> longer.  This could be attributed to either the weather is getting
> colder here day by day, something is getting ready to brake or maybe
> the car is just getting a bit tired in its old age.
>
> First they took about five seconds to come on.  Now they take about
> 30 seconds.  I should also add that it is only the headlights that
> lag.  The parking lights come on right away.

     That is one that I have never heard before?  Hmm...  I would
   suggest getting relays for your lights.  Is it that they turn
   on all of a sudden after 30 seconds or is it a gradual turn on?
   If they gradually turn on, then relays could fix that problem.
   Plus with the use of relays, your lights would be brighter.  Have
   you replaced the fuse box at all?

       Andre'