Re: chirping in 2nd...

>On Mon, 25 Nov 1996 ChTaylo4@aol.com wrote:
>

>> My problem, and probably yours:  don't feather the clutch out, drop it--drop
>> it hard.  Like I said, I never toyed w/ my shifting.  Most of you probably
>> have, and therfore can probably chirp 2nd (provided you have a 16v :-))  She
>> *will* chirp.  I imagine I might get 3rd from time to time after I get that
>> Oettinger cam in!!!!!
>>
>> Chris
>> '87 16v
>Hey Chris, no need for a 16v....my 8v in my 79 rocco will chirp em to
>third....(given my motor is a little performance tweaked and I'm running a
>close ratio GTi 5sp....)

I'm wondering what the general list's feeling on this subject is - new
here, y'know - I mean, "chirping" second sounds to me like there is an
adjustment problem somewhere, maybe that big nut behind the wheel - know
the one?  Don't know the size offhand, seen it in many sizes.  Anyhow - is
"chirping" good or bad?

Mannix (my 84 GTI does'nt.........)

>Anyone care to start a 8v vs 16v debate???? Or A1 vs A2?????

                                       NO.
NO.

 just my 2c..........