Hot air only?

I have a hot problem on my 16v: whenever I y\turn on the fan only hot air
comes in. Even now that it is cold, i don't need the heater on to heat up the
interior. Since I live in Florida that heat is enough. But I gotta fix that
before next summer (which starts in late January in Miami) because not even
the air conditioner can cope with it! I gotta run the a/c for a long time
before it starts getting cooler! Any ideas, comments????
Thanks,

--Ren
87 Scirocco 16v
105k miles, 130+hp