Re: Shredded hose/duct - whaddasitfor?

That hose is a preheat deal as you suspected.  Without it your car will take a
little longer to warm up but it isnt really signifigant.  You may not be able
to find the other end anyway.  It's supposed to go to a bracket on the exhaust
manifold but they have a great tendency to break.  In me and my friends 20 or
VW's I have seen a whole wopping one, actually connected.  People usually just
have them floating back there to take up somewhat warm air or maybe because
they are too lazy to remove them, like me.

Kyle
'86 8v GTi