FI problem

>I was delivering pizzas and would leave the motor idling for long periods,
>after awhile it would start to run bad, bucking, then just shut down, and
>I would have to let it sit about 20 min before I could start it again.  My
>local mechanic(VW master tech) thought it MIGHT be the fuel pump(it was
>kinda noisy when it wouldn't start)....do I need to replace it or am I
>vapor locking or something??? My temps stay pretty much normal.....
>Any suggestions guys?? I'd love to hear your input if you've ever had the
>same prob......
>
>oh yeah, I'm running an 86 cabrio 1.8l with solid head and have the
>injection off the carbrio as well.......(with frequency valve.
>I\Iight Shado\/\/
>79 Rust Roccet

I had this problem when there was an obstruction in the delivery line.  That
obstruction was a 90 degree bend!  No wonder I kept blowing fuel pump fuses!
Anyway, check to see that you do have no problems anywhere in the delivery
line, and chekc the fuel pressure if you can.  You might also replace your
fuel filter, if it is clogged then the pump is having to work harder, and it
may not be getting enough pressure to begin with.  Also, might be sediment
in your gas tank.  Hope this helps...

David
            Original Equipment Marketers   ( O.E.M.)
    VW, Porsche and Audi OEM parts at discount store prices.
               Techtonics for VW also available.

                 Visa and Mastercard accepted.

                         405-364-2102

                     diutley@telepath.com