Shredded hose thingy

>Subject: Shredded hose/duct - whaddasitfor?
>
>Hi folks.
>
>I got under the hood of my '85 Scirocco yesterday - basic tune-up stuff -
>and noticed that I've got a shredded air (hose or duct or?)
>
>It runs from the bottom of the air filter to somewhere around the exhaust
>manifold.  I can't figure out where it ends up because that end of the
>(hose/duct/?) is shredded and swinging in space and I can't get a good angle
>to see behind the engine.  It's also -3 degress celcius here with snow on
>the ground - not having a garage to work in means I won't be getting under
>the car to look for the receiving end!
>
>Anyway, I suspect that it is intended as a warm-air feed or some such thing
>but I don't know.  Bentley doesn't have any illustrations that mean anything
>to me on this topic.

That's what it is, it comes from the exhaust manifold.  I haven't had mine
on for years, I think most people forget about it.  It would only seem to
help in the first few minutes of driving, regardless of temperature.

David
            Original Equipment Marketers   ( O.E.M.)
    VW, Porsche and Audi OEM parts at discount store prices.
               Techtonics for VW also available.

                 Visa and Mastercard accepted.

                         405-364-2102

                     diutley@telepath.com