Re: scirocco-l-digest V1 #38

>I fixed that and can NOW control the "temperature" of the air coming out the
>center vent.  The side vents still let in cold air, keep them shut thru
winter.
>Apparently there's a problem with the vacuum hoses that control those vents.
>Haven't had a chance to rip apart my dash yet.
>
>Kevin.
>'86 Scirocco

Kevin, and Mannix,
        I have alway heard, and seen, that this is normal.  I have been in
at least a dozen different VWs that had these vents delivering cold air.  It
is normal.  I did not figure out the reason why until my business partner
told me one day that it is so that you can have cool air to breathe (so that
you can breathe  :-)), while still keeping your body and feet toasty.  I had
new respect for the designers after learning that.....  :-0

David

            Original Equipment Marketers   ( O.E.M.)
    VW, Porsche and Audi OEM parts at discount store prices.
               Techtonics for VW also available.

                 Visa and Mastercard accepted.

                         405-364-2102

                     diutley@telepath.com