Re: FI problem

> >I was delivering pizzas and would leave the motor idling for long periods,
> >after awhile it would start to run bad, bucking, then just shut down, and
> >I would have to let it sit about 20 min before I could start it again.  My
> >local mechanic(VW master tech) thought it MIGHT be the fuel pump(it was
> >kinda noisy when it wouldn't start)....do I need to replace it or am I
> >vapor locking or something??? My temps stay pretty much normal.....
> >Any suggestions guys?? I'd love to hear your input if you've ever had the
> >same prob......

Well you can rule out that ancient term "vapor lock" you Scirocco can't do
that. With 60-100 psi of fuel pressure on VW's, vapor lock isn't possible.
It does sound like it might be a weak pump though, next time it does it
try loosing the fuel line at the fuel filter under the hood, to release
the pressure than try to start it and go again, if this helps you probaly
got some dirt in your lines, most likely after the filter (it happened to
me once), some garages can pressure clean the system for you, but you
might need to replace the injectors.  Or also when it does it check it to
see if you coil is firing, your ignition module might be breaking down
when it gets hot and then your coil won't fire, it happens.

Shikaroka
tjarrett@olie.wvitcoe.wvnet.edu

82 Scirocco 16v (highly modified)
87 GTI G60