RE: Best speaker config in a Scirocco? (fwd)

Eric,

	I am also concerned about keep my car *looking* like it was never
touched by the stereo installer's drill.  I just got a pair of Clarion SRC4650
4x6" plate speakers for the front.  These are, according to a variety of
sources, one of the best 4x6's you can get.  They consist of a 4" cone
with a 1" tweeter, rated to 150W peak.  They can also be bi-amped if you
wish.  Even though I don't have a sub yet, they put out enough bass to
still sound decent - a HUGE improvement over the factory speakers.  The
only troubling thing about them is that I had to grind the plastic plates
the speakers are attached to, *and* the inside ridges of the stock grille
to make the things fit.  But it was worth it.

Just my $.02

-tim

------------------------------------
I have a 87 16V and it has original stock speakers. I'm planning to upgrade
those speakers. What sort of speakers would able to fit in the front doors
speaker bracket without any modification? And any speakers small enough to
fit at the back where the original speakers located now? I don't want to
have fancy audio systems that takes up trunk space, and I don't want to
drill two holes to the trunk cover for speakers. At the moment I have 4
channels amp hiding up front behind the console. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks.

Erik Wu
87 Scirocco 16V
82 Scirocco 8V (crashed)