Re: Best speaker config in a Scirocco? (fwd)

delving off the scirocoo and into rec.car.audio....
Depending on what kind of speaker setup you use determines if you really
need the functionallity of an EQ and/or crossover. And unless your going
competition you most likely wont need both..unless your heariong is just
THAT exceptional to tell the diff between 1db in the 40kHz area. =]

If you go headunit--amp--speakers and use the amp x-over to cut the
high end from going to your woofers, just get an eq.

if you go headunit --amp/amp--seperates/speakers get an x-over and
cross it before the signal gets to the amps, then you can also
incorporate the amp x-over for double protection and the seperates should
also come with passive x-overs. then here you can add an eq also if the
-bass- and -treble- ajustment just isnt doing it for you.

At no time confuse an eq with an x-over..the eq just intensifies or dims
a certain freq. range while an x-over blocks freq. range below or above a
set freq.

trust me if you get a high end active x-over you wont be able to tell any
improved gain in listening with the eq controls that you can't do with
the x-over.

IMHO eq's are for people that don't want to pay for a x-over.

Ryan

|Ryan Schuermann			       ryan@nwpros.com|
|Technical Analyst			      zqft01@amoco.com|
|PARANET, Inc.				schuermann@paranet.com|