Re: Elec Problems

OK,

The A/C compressor is kinda weird, It usually means that there is little to
no freon in the system, but you said it was OK.  Check the wiring, it will be
tedious just go through by the Bentley and check continuity- sorry no good
answer there.

The horn could be a connection at the fuse box, the fuse (I hope you checked
that first), a burnt wire, a corroded connection, or the second relay.  Maybe
you don't have a second (what year car again) but I had an '82 rabbit that
had 2 relays, I have no clue why but when it broke I went crazy trying to fix
it but I only checked one relay while the other was broken.  You said you
checked your horn itself, right?  I have even once seen wires going to the horn
and the fan eaten away by battery acid.  If none of that works check your
button on the steering wheel and then check wiring again, sorry it is the only
way.  One last thing to keep in mind is that many of those relays are the same
so you can swap them between one you know works to check them easily.

As for the upshift light, WHO CARES?  sorry I just hate those things.  If I
wanted my car to tell me when to shift I might as well have gotten an
automatic to do it for me.  I drive my car not the other way around.  But, if
you like it check to see if someone unplugged the vacuum sensor or removed it
entirely.  That happens to be the first thing I do to each of my cars.

Kyle
'86 8v GTi