Re: Clutch advise

At 12:33 PM 11/10/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Doesn't VW put in Sachs clutches at the factory?   Also, I know the VW dealer
>near me will install parts that I bring in.  They will do it no problem
>(might have something to do with the fact I am freinds with the service
>manager AND my mechanic?  :-))

According to Mr. Potter, the clutches the factory use are not SACHS, either
direct or indirect. (Like as in the same part, different name) I forgot the
name the factory uses.
I'll tell you guys/gals what. If any shop has a problem with installing
parts you supply, they're not worth doing business with! On the contrary, if
the part fails, its on you (Sorta, its on the parts house you got it from),
not the shop to replace it since they didnt supply the part to begin with.
Its just another way they milk us for a job that could be done cheaper ect......

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and