Re: 16v vs. 8v..............

At 06:59 PM 11/8/96 -0500, you wrote:

>But isn't this reducing airflow at lower rpms?  Or is that how the power is
>gained?  My assumption was that the 2 intake valves on the 16v were each a
>little smaller than the 8v valve.  Is that where my mistake is?

Right. The size of the 16V Valves are smaller in size, combined they are
larger than one 8V Valve. so the 16V's do flow more air.

Another good reference point is the Schrik VR6 variable intake manifold.
Runners that are longer flow more air and thus, make more power in high
rpms. Short runners make more power in low rpm's. This VR6 intake has the
ability to change the length of the runners for the gain of low end power
and high end power. Our idea is simular but does the job in a different way
is all.

>I'm barely holding on.  But I won't get your answer till Monday.  :(

At least you havent given up yet. Thunk on it somemore and it will sink in.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and