Re: Is this a unique problem?

Brandon Sommerville wrote:

> At 09:31 PM 8/11/96 +-100, you wrote:
> >>The engine never dies, it just won't rev past whatever point it decides.
> >
> >I had an Audi Coupe that did this.  When you get to that 'point' does
> >it just buck like crazy?  If yes, it's your computer brain.  My Audi would
> >always cut out at 5800 RPM.
> >
> No.  It doesn't buck.  That sounds like bouncing off the rev limiter.  When
> it happens there is no consistency at what RPM it stops at.  The revs just
> fall off if I keep it floored.  But restarting the car fixes it.  Kind of
> nerve wracking doing it on the highway!  :(
>
> There is no consistency to it.
>
> Brandon Sommerville

Actually Brandon here's the scoop:
Your Parents and wife were really scared that you might get hurt or even
killed from driving so fast so they got all of us list guys to figure
out how to make you stop.  We knew we couldn't convince you so we all
came over to your house one night and took a hacksaw and cut a few wires
in the computer.  I hope you don't mind but it's for your own good...=)
Josh