Re: Is this a unique problem?

At 09:31 PM 8/11/96 +-100, you wrote:
>>The engine never dies, it just won't rev past whatever point it decides.
>
>I had an Audi Coupe that did this.  When you get to that 'point' does
>it just buck like crazy?  If yes, it's your computer brain.  My Audi would
>always cut out at 5800 RPM.

No.  It doesn't buck.  That sounds like bouncing off the rev limiter.  When
it happens there is no consistency at what RPM it stops at.  The revs just
fall off if I keep it floored.  But restarting the car fixes it.  Kind of
nerve wracking doing it on the highway!  :(

There is no consistency to it.

Brandon Sommerville

"And then I says, tell me I'm wrong! And she says, I can't baby, 'cause
you're not!"
 - The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight