Re: Is this a unique problem? (won't rev past a point')

VanAm wrote:

> >The engine never dies, it just won't rev past whatever point it decides.

My 16V did this before exactly as described (sorry I didn't jump in
earlier) It was more likely to happen in the rain it seemed. I could
always "fix" the problem by shutting off the car and re-starting it. The
only sad thing is it just stopped happening with the only thing being
changed was new spark plug wires. Maybe that was it but it just stopped
having that problem after I bought those expensive suckers.