Re: Differentials

At 05:35 PM 11/7/96 -0500, you wrote:

>I meant what did it come with stock.  Is there a way of finding out?  When
>you said differential does that mean a limited slip?

Thats kinda the same thing but not. Lemme explain.
There are tranny's with limited slips differentials. I dont know the codes
on them but there are 2 models. ("4K" and "2K"? I think)
Then there is the tranny with absolutly no slip. That code is the "FF"
Tranny. Thats the one I have. It sucks as far a diff's go. Later Scirocco's
have the limited slip trannys, the older ones like I have dont. Somebody
might have the breakdown on what year came with what tranny, I dont,
unfortunatly. I want a limited slip diff so I can use the Velocity limited
slip kit. It takes the stock diff and makes it work better. Gives you from
40% to 80% slip, depending on the kit you buy. Its alot cheaper than buying
a Quaife diff. $250 compared to the $1000 for the Quaife. There isnt that
much of a difference in performance where you could justify spending the
extra $750.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi