Re: What's a heat cycle?

At 11:48 AM 11/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>This is for the new BFG R1 autocross racing tires. The hot tip is when you
>>get a brand new set of these, you need to drive them kinda hard and get them
>>hot. Then you take them off and let them sit for at least 24 hours. it does
>>something to the compound that makes them faster and last longer. I have no
>>proof this is true or not but if its not, ill be sorry I didnt. Im gonna go
>>do it tonight, got the wheels mounted today.........race is sunday...
>>
>>Shawn
>
>"No officer, really, I HAVE to drive fast with these tires!"   ;)

Heh- yah! Actually, the deputy did cruise by and pulled into the lot where I
do my suspension testing (and now tire break in). Asked me if I was testing
rear axles again! (The butthead!) Told him what i was doing and he asked if
he could DRIVE IT!!!! At first I said, "NO Officer, your driving skills
arent up to the level to where you could handle THIS car". He laughed and
got in. He liked it. Said it was much faster and had more grip in the turns
than his Camaro does. (No Duh, Duey!) He really didnt drive it hard
anyways.......

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi