Re: 16v vs. 8v

At 11:46 AM 11/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>There is a way to make the 16V act like an 8V low end. Sounds funny but
>>heres how. There are 4 flapper valves that on idle, blocks one valve on the
>>intake per cylinder. At 3,000 they fully open and thus, gives it the full 8
>>valve performance at higher revs.
>>
>>Shawn
>
>This makes no sense to me.  Is it because I am mechanically challenged or
>did you not make yourself clear?  How hard is this to do?

Brandon:
No, this is really sorta hard. I cant get into the "how" it's done right
now. This is currently being tested by a speedshop to be named at a later
date. I was also kinda vague on the description. You could think of it as a
butterfly valve that sits in front of one of the 2 valves per cylinder.
Basically it makes the 16V behave like an 8V at low RPM. Then on higher
rpm's it opens and is a fully 16V.
The exhaust valves are not affected so the reality of it its a 12V on low
rpm and then a 16V on high. Does that help.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and