Re: 16v vs. 8v (16V with low end power)

Shawn Meze wrote:

> At 11:46 AM 11/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >>There is a way to make the 16V act like an 8V low end. Sounds funny but
> >>heres how. There are 4 flapper valves that on idle, blocks one valve on the
> >>intake per cylinder. At 3,000 they fully open and thus, gives it the full 8
> >>valve performance at higher revs.
> >>
> >>Shawn
> >
> >This makes no sense to me.  Is it because I am mechanically challenged or
> >did you not make yourself clear?  How hard is this to do?
>
> Brandon:
> No, this is really sorta hard. I cant get into the "how" it's done right
> now. This is currently being tested by a speedshop to be named at a later
> date. I was also kinda vague on the description. You could think of it as a
> butterfly valve that sits in front of one of the 2 valves per cylinder.
> Basically it makes the 16V behave like an 8V at low RPM. Then on higher
> rpm's it opens and is a fully 16V.
> The exhaust valves are not affected so the reality of it its a 12V on low
> rpm and then a 16V on high. Does that help.

Somebody a LONG time ago in the newsgroup was talking about developing
this head. Are you the guy the post went something like this. I am
working on a way to make a 16v behave like an 8V at low rpms and like a
16V at high revs. He then went on to say if you think I'm going to tell
you how No way. saying he is developing this for a business and expects
to make a lot of cash on this deal.

DO you know this guy?