Re: Poly strut bearing experience?

At 01:19 AM 11/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Before I put my 16v on the road I am getting Koni adjustables and Neuspeed
>race springs and figured since the shocks and springs are kinda tight and
>stiff polyeurethane bearings might be the way to go.  The only problem I
>have is that they are so expensive.  Are they worth it?  What I need to know
>is if they help with ride comfort and handling or just last longer?  Thanks
>a lot.  BTW Shawn, what are you using?

Them things will rattle your teeth wit that setup. I use stock bushings
because they take the pain out of the Koni Adjustables and Neuspeed Race
springs. I drive my car everyday and although I like the firmness of the
Koni adjustables and Neuspeed Race springs, they can easily be made to hurt
by changing everything to the poly bushings.
I Drove Mike Potters 16V Golf with new poly bushings and Boge/sports. I
didnt like it, too harsh. After he drove my Scirocco he said my car's
suspension was much softer than his Scirocco and he has the poly setup in
his Street Mod Scirocco. (We terrorized Vegas!!)

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and