Re: gear speeds and RPMS questions

At 03:39 PM 11/7/96 +0500, you wrote:

>I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys (shawn/brandon) this, but I figgered
>I'd point it out to the rest of the group.  Just because the tranny has
>potential to 175mph doesn't mean you can hit it on a clear day and a long
>flat road.  Nor does it mean that air resistance is the only issue, i.e. get
>a kickass body kit and here I come 175mph!  The engine itself is the biggest
>factor.  Say Arnold Swarzanegg..... and I each have the same Huffy mountain
>bike w/ the same gear ratio.  His legs could probably make that thing turn
>45mph, because their wider than my whole body.  I however will only hit
>25mph, even though *redline* could be near 50mph, because I have like 0
>power.  The moral?  Go out there and get those G60's everyone!

Thats right. Absolutely.
Or, you can get the ABT VR6 with the supercharger, like the one I saw
yesterday! Its pretty much a straight foreward instalation. Everything is
there. (For the cars that have the VR6 already.) I dont know how much they
want for one since its not on the market (Could be wrong) yet but I bet its
pricey. They had one in a A3 Golf. Looks clean.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and