Re: Koni adjustables

At 08:43 PM 11/2/96 +-100, you wrote:
> >Whay are you using full firm for the street??
>
>Uh, kid with a new toy maybe?  :-)  I didn't leave them there!  I set them
on soft tonight.  Got a question for ya, tho.  You probably don't have
>the instruction sheet anymore, but mine says one full counterclockwise
>turn is the firm setting.  Well I did this and noticed that they turn much
>more than that!  So, what's up with this?  When you say full firm do you
mean turning cc until it stops turning?  I was afraid to do that.  Thought I
might unscrew something and my front end drop to the ground!   Enlighten
me...!  I really do need to start learning about this stuff!  :-)

Never loose the adjusting cap! They were kind enough to print on it which
way to turn for firm and which way was soft. The instructions say to turn it
a full turn from fill firm. Tighten the cap until it stops, them back off
one turn. I usually back them out 1/2 turn. Ive been told by some older
racers that you can put them as firm as they will go without any problems.
The instructions say that just in case you happen to blow the seals. Legal
smegal stuff.
To go full soft, turn the cap all the way in the other direction. Until it
hits the full soft stop. You cant unscrew them all the way so there is no
problem with accidentally dissasembing them.
There is about 3 full turns they will adjust so you just gotta play with it
and find the settings that work best for you, and your kidneys!

Shawn