Re: painting trim

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Shawn Meze wrote:

> At 03:05 PM 11/1/96 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >> Sure, "prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep and prep!
> >> Thats the key to the universe!
> >>
> >> Shawn
> >
> >    Uh, entropy is the key of the universe, either that or the answer to
> >the question of the universe is 42!  So, did you have a suggestion on
> >painting the trim so it would actually stick and not flake off?
>

> Well, actually, its a mighty big hand that holds the key to the universe.
> (HUGE!!) You can quote me on that one.
> I thought I covered the bases with the prep thing. It would entail sanding,
> priming ans sanding again. Its plastic so the time it will take to sand it
> wont be long. If I recall right, it has 3 surfaces? Just use a 600 grit
> paper and scuff all the surfaces you want to paint. Dont to forget your tack
> cloth to get the dust off of it. Then paint it with a good adhesive primer.
> Wet sand it after its good and dry and put a second coat of primer. Lightly
> wet sand it again and paint it the filal coat. Maybe 2 coats ifd you do it
> light enough. You dont want to soak it. (No runs, drips or errors...)

     All that for just the trim.  I have about enough of sanding, filling,
   primer and then sanding again.  Wouldnt it be fair to say just scuff it
   up and then give it a few coats of flat black?

> > P.S. What color is the car going to be??? Be sure to take pictures!
>
> >    Right now I am thinking of doing Porsche Signal Green.  I will
> >take pics and have em scanned for all to see, but where to put them?
> >I have now web page so we will see how it goes.
>
> Ewwwww. Its your car! JK!!
> Im not too partial to green but im thinking of the frog green the 914's
> were. (Bad visual.) Whats the URL to your web page and WHAT do you mean
> "Where do I put it!?!? Send it to MUTE's Scirocco list web page! If
> anything, send me one!!
>
> Shawn

      If you want to take a look at the color it is in EC in the Oct 93
    issue.  The artice is titled "Kermit the Rabbit".  This green is
    lighter than the green I have seen on 914's, it is also kinda neon.
    Put it this way, when you drive down the street it will most certainly
    catch your eye, unlike most paints out there  =)