Re: painting trim

At 03:05 PM 11/1/96 -0800, you wrote:

>> Sure, "prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep-prep and prep!
>> Thats the key to the universe!
>>
>> Shawn
>
>    Uh, entropy is the key of the universe, either that or the answer to
>the question of the universe is 42!  So, did you have a suggestion on
>painting the trim so it would actually stick and not flake off?

Well, actually, its a mighty big hand that holds the key to the universe.
(HUGE!!) You can quote me on that one.
I thought I covered the bases with the prep thing. It would entail sanding,
priming ans sanding again. Its plastic so the time it will take to sand it
wont be long. If I recall right, it has 3 surfaces? Just use a 600 grit
paper and scuff all the surfaces you want to paint. Dont to forget your tack
cloth to get the dust off of it. Then paint it with a good adhesive primer.
Wet sand it after its good and dry and put a second coat of primer. Lightly
wet sand it again and paint it the filal coat. Maybe 2 coats ifd you do it
light enough. You dont want to soak it. (No runs, drips or errors...)

> P.S. What color is the car going to be??? Be sure to take pictures!

>    Right now I am thinking of doing Porsche Signal Green.  I will
>take pics and have em scanned for all to see, but where to put them?
>I have now web page so we will see how it goes.

Ewwwww. Its your car! JK!!
Im not too partial to green but im thinking of the frog green the 914's
were. (Bad visual.) Whats the URL to your web page and WHAT do you mean
"Where do I put it!?!? Send it to MUTE's Scirocco list web page! If
anything, send me one!!

Shawn