Re: Top Speeds

>Hey fellow owners... (this is my first post)
>I have a fairly modified '86 16v
>
>TT freeflow exaust
>Euro-Specs cam
>lowered 1"
>fuel inj @ 5mA
>14x6.5 in BBS's
>higher final drive ratio (in keeping w/power curve...)
>
>Anyway my question to you all is this:
>what sort of top speeds do you get?
>With out the new cam (havent got it in yet)
>I get around 130
>Any other numbers?

Hello Mute@aol.com I would call you by your name but I don't know
it. ANyway You are the same guy asking opinions on different cars a
couple of months ago including cars such as RX7, Masarati, Porsche
914? (I can't quite remember)

I was wondering how many of these other cars you drove and how they
compared to your modified Scirocco?

I have only had my scirocco to 110MPH quite a few times. but it
definately had more.  Someone in this list thought it surprising to
get a top speed of 130MPH but I don't find it that surprising. Most
people in the vw newsgroup report speeds between 125MPH-130MPH so I
am sure a modified scirocco will hit 130MPH.

I think we have to keep in mind we are talking 16V sciroccos and
they are better in the TOP end than 8Vs (No offense intended)

There is a guy on the net with a turbo scirocco and he says with
the tallest 5th gear he could get his car burries the 120MPH speedo
so easily that he has no idea how fast he is going. He did the
turbo himself and has a WWW page that tells a little about it. He
feels it has enough horsepower to get some really high speeds but
it is more limited by aero dynamics.

I was told in the NG that with a ported and polished head and new
cam 140MPH speeds would be possible?

I don't know maybe?