Re: Tweeters on ceiling

On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, [ISO-8859-1] FranÁois St-Amand wrote:

> I have a alpine amp (2 channels) connected to a 2sub/2tweet pack in a
> box in my hatch.  Since there is no sound in front, I would like to
> install 2 tweeters on my ceiling.

I think you might be better off with a proper 2-way speaker in
front...having only a tweeter would sound a little weird.  Very bright,
too...lots too much treble.

> - What brand would you recommend?  Pionner?

Depends on the price range...

> - How do I link up the tweeters?  To the amp on the same line as the
> sub/tweets?  Or on the car stereo?  If I connect it to the car
> stereo, will it be loud enough?  The stereo is a Kenwood.

Not sure how you'd want to do this...maybe hook them up in series with the
other speakers in back on your amp?  Make sure you don't run a full-range
signal through them though, the bass frequencies will kill a tweeter.