Re: tweeter and other speaker mounting

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Josh Clark wrote:

> I think mounting the tweeters in the ceiling is a very bad idea simply from

I think it would be a bad idea due to the strange soundstage you'd
create...the position you mention next is much better, although I've never
heard tweeters in that location before.

> I think it might look pretty bad which you wouldn't want.  I think the best
> place to mount tweeters in a Scirocco (mkII that is) is on the top of the
> door panel, right in the front, where the black plastic piece is.  They are

You could put them there, or you could put them right on top of the
speaker location in the doors, facing across the car to the other
passenger.  You might have problems with legs blocking the path here....
Or you could try at the base of the windshield in the corners, firing
across to the other side.  You might have problems here with glare from
reflections of the windshield....

Try everything if you can, you never know what will sound best!