Re: Doh! I hit a curb - now what..........

Chris,
Motor mounts will cause the clunking at a stationary idle.  when the
motor revs, the torque will cause the motor to move forward and
backwards.  Have a friend rev the engine on the car or move the throttle
spring from under the hood. You should see some movement even if the
mounts are good.  However if their broken, there will be much more
movement than normal causing the intake to touch as I described.  A
suspension clunk would only happen when you turn the wheels or the wheels
hit a bump while moving.  Look around the engine even if the intake
dosent hit.  The downpipe or some other part of the engine could be
hitting instead.  Clunking from motor mounts is usually most pronounced
during accel/decell of the car, or just reving the engine.  Checking them
isn't hard, just use a mirror to see the rubber part of the mount, if
it's broken, replacing it sould solve your problem.
George Curl-