Re: Wheel locks

At 09:56 AM 12/5/96 +0500, you wrote:

>I've got the lug bolt locks from RPI--Euro locks.  They're nice--they go
>over the lug bolts.  I had a set of locks that WERE lug bolts, and came w/ a
>key that fit over them...you know...the most common kind.  Anyway, they
>sucked because I stripped one of them, plus they were always a bitch to get
>off, so I got the euros.

Almost all watercooled's I've ever seen had bolts.  Most of the locking
stuff comes
in 2 forms.  McGuard/Gorilla style which is a round-headed bolt with a weird
pattern, and "overlocks" like the Euros.  The bolt style only takes about
45 sec.
to remove (as a thief or annoyed owner) and the over-style about 1 min.

I bought my 16v gli and it had McGuards with no key, took me about
2 min to remove all 4.   New ones can be had around $28? for the OEM ones.

I think both style are kinda only useful for the casual thief.  After all,
it took me
no time at all...

Ed