Re: Doh! I hit a curb - now what..........

In a message dated 96-12-04 12:06:08 EST, cfiddes@direct.ca (Chris Fiddes)
writes:

<< I won't ask how you know, BUT I do have one other question that might help
 me diagnose the problem.   Would a broken motor mount cause the clunking you
 describe even with the car stationary - just getting on the gas from idle?

Yes, i believe it would!  When you rev the motor while the car is stationary,
the motor will still torque, or twist on the mounts.  If you have a broken
motor mount, the motor just basically "flops" around in the engine
compartment.  It will make many a weird noise and lots-o-vibrations.  Believe
me, I have been there/done that!

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco