Re: Doh! I hit a curb - now what..........

At 11:30 AM 12/3/96 -0500, you wrote some good advice:
>check your motor mounts.  if thier broken, the intake manifold will touch
>the tray on the firewall, causing clunking noises during acc/decel.
>don't ask how I know...
>George Curl-

Thanks for the tip, George.

I won't ask how you know, BUT I do have one other question that might help
me diagnose the problem.   Would a broken motor mount cause the clunking you
describe even with the car stationary - just getting on the gas from idle?

Thanks
Chris
'85 Scirocco.
cfiddes@direct.ca