Re: Shocks/Spring Mods - 86 8V Scirocco

>On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Ryan Schuermann wrote:
>

>> I love my koni's (yellow, sport?). I bought the whole set used
>> here in Houston and total install with my father took around 2
>> hours. It's a very simple process to replace your struts. The
>> koni struts lowered my car about 1.5" and improved the handeling
>> during turns immensely. Downsides are a much rougher ride and getting a
>> tow tuck that doesnt #!!#$!@ up your car is hard to find.
>>
>On my 81 I just installed a full Neuspeed kit with the Bilsteins - I've
>had those on several cars (including my girlfriend's Corrado) and always
>have been extremely happy with them.  The kit also came with lowering
>springs, swaybars f/r and front strut stress bars t/b.  The ride is
>definitly stiffer - but not horribly so; the Bilsteins seem rather well
>suited to a fairly wide range of conditions.  Overall, the thing handles
>like a go-kart - the only car I've driven (not including a friend's Formula
>Continental) that handles better was a 93 RX-7 turbo.

I was wondering. Everyone seems to agree that Konis are just "The
shit" As I see them in magazines they are definately expensive.
Bilsteins are less expensive and I haven't heard anything really
bad about them either. ALso the BOGE struts are the least expensive
and the are OE right?

MY question is for the money what is the best? I am guessing
Bilsteins and that BOGE are not worth buying? This is just the
impression I get from reading messages.

Also will there be any problems lowering the car with springs since
I have 15 inch wheels and low profile tires? Stock wheels are 14
inches?

Thanks and all struts/spring suggestions are welcome. So far people
have suggested New Demensions and another small company that
advertises in EC. (can't remember but I have the E-mail)

Thanks

--

    Happiness is a warm Killfile.