Re: Shocks/Spring Mods - 86 8V Scirocco

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> I love my koni's (yellow, sport?). I bought the whole set used
> here in Houston and total install with my father took around 2
> hours. It's a very simple process to replace your struts. The
> koni struts lowered my car about 1.5" and improved the handeling
> during turns immensely. Downsides are a much rougher ride and getting a
> tow tuck that doesnt #!!#$!@ up your car is hard to find.

On my 81 I just installed a full Neuspeed kit with the Bilsteins - I've
had those on several cars (including my girlfriend's Corrado) and always
have been extremely happy with them.  The kit also came with lowering
springs, swaybars f/r and front strut stress bars t/b.  The ride is
definitly stiffer - but not horribly so; the Bilsteins seem rather well
suited to a fairly wide range of conditions.  Overall, the thing handles
like a go-kart - the only car I've driven (not including a friend's Formula
Continental) that handles better was a 93 RX-7 turbo.

Now if I could just get a decent engine in the thing...

Kevin Wenzel - Director of Network Operations                   privateI, LLC
kwenzel@privateI.com                                Internet and Web Services
KB0MQM                        28.8 PPP/Shell Dialup and Private Port Accounts
                    ***  http://www.privateI.com/  ***