1980S Mars Red in TX

Some of you are probably in the same situation as me.  You own a roughly 3 decade old car are trying to figure out why you sunk $10K into a $1K car.  Shoot, I've got more money sunk in paint and body work than my 450 motocrosser.  It is simply insane when you think about.

Anyhoo...I'm looking for some advice on where to find some trim pieces and some general feedback on motor swaps.

Trim:  The vertical thin metal pieces where the door and window meets up.  They appear to be very thin metal and are painted black on the S's.  If I could find those, I could get pretty darn close to having the car look brand new.

Motor swaps:  I'm looking for some feedback to see what mods/trouble people have had with running a 1.8 with all the 1.6 stock bolt ons (ie, stock 1.6 intake, air box, everything).  I put a brand new 1.8 (15 miles on it) in for the ailing 1.6 around 1993.  It now has around 11K miles on it (I forget it is in the garage sometimes).  The only mods relating to the motor are a Techtonics exhaust and little timing change.

***If you've got a 1985 - 1987 CR250 motor and/or cases, I'd me interetested...and a sub frame***

Godspeed MK1 S's-Jon in TX
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx