Part request

Done.  :)  Nice diagrams though so I know what stuff to toss and what stuff to keep.  Right now (in a "waiting" stage, some stuff removed but waiting for parts) I have the CIS-E ECU still in the car but not hooked up.

Brendan

----- Original Message ----
From: Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Brendan Doyle <lord_verminaard@xxxxxxxxx>; Scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:33:46 AM
Subject: Re: Part request

On 9/26/07, Brendan Doyle <lord_verminaard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
CIS-E sucks the big one.  :P  Ever since I got the car I could never get it to run right.  I built a DPR harness and tuned it with that but it would randomly sputter and I would loose all throttle response.  It would also go lean at anything above 4000 rpm's or so.  I'm thinking the DPR has failed but who knows.  Mind you, this is a rebuilt Audi
2.0 with 10.5:1 compression, ported JH head, and a cam somewhere in the neighborhood of a 272.  I want CIS-Basic so I can get the car running good enough to take it to a Dyno Day next month and find out how much power it will make.  Also, I can shim up the fuel pressure and it should be more than enough fuel to feed the engine.  That way when it comes time to sell the engine I have some numbers to back up the fancy part list.  :P

Brendan

Might want to keep the knock system with that engine if the CIS is going to be in a while.  Can seperate it from the CIS-E harness and have some protection for that nice engine.  There is a good write up on the process here
http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/ under tech tips, knock sensor install.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 5