Part request

On 9/26/07, Brendan Doyle <lord_verminaard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> CIS-E sucks the big one.  :P  Ever since I got the car I could never get
> it to run right.  I built a DPR harness and tuned it with that but it would
> randomly sputter and I would loose all throttle response.  It would also go
> lean at anything above 4000 rpm's or so.  I'm thinking the DPR has failed
> but who knows.  Mind you, this is a rebuilt Audi 2.0 with 10.5:1
> compression, ported JH head, and a cam somewhere in the neighborhood of a
> 272.  I want CIS-Basic so I can get the car running good enough to take it
> to a Dyno Day next month and find out how much power it will make.  Also, I
> can shim up the fuel pressure and it should be more than enough fuel to feed
> the engine.  That way when it comes time to sell the engine I have some
> numbers to back up the fancy part list.  :P
>
> Brendan

Might want to keep the knock system with that engine if the CIS is going to
be in a while.  Can seperate it from the CIS-E harness and have some
protection for that nice engine.  There is a good write up on the process
here http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/ under tech tips, knock sensor
install.

--
Gordy