Scirocco High School

Well... in High School I had hair halfway down my back, and hung out
with the heavy metal crowd.  I didn't smoke though so I was not in the
norm.  If you have ever heard or read Henry Rollins monologue "I know
you" that was very much like me back then.  I wrote alot of Science
Fiction, read alot of science fiction, and gasp played RPG's.  Mostly
Cyberpunk because it was gritty and realistic.  I was supposed to get
my Dad's 79 Scirocco for my 16th birthday but I got a single D and he
sold it for $500.  Bastage.

I drove alot in high school mostly my friend's cars--my Dad wouldn't
let me get a license, but wasn't legal until I was 21 and in the Navy.
 I went to see alot of weird bands in concert when I was in High
School.  Meat Beat Manifesto, The Supreme Love Gods, 808 State, Front
242, and the like.  I did see Pantera my senior year (Cowboys from
Hell Tour) and got my ass ROYALLY kicked in the mosh pit during
Cemetary Gates.  It didn't help that I weighed about 120lbs and my
cousin who's 6'6" 250lbs threw me in the middle.  I broke a few bones
in my hand (boxer's knuckle) with someone's face.

I met Pearl Jam at the Rock Burger in Myrtle Beach just before they
released Ten.  They were practicing "Even Flow" and I remember
thinking that it jammed but they sounded rough.

I didn't actually get a Scirocco until I 1999 when I got the 85.  I
drove it like I stole it for a couple years and found an 88 that had
been rear ended and decided to do a front end swap.  The rest as they
say is history.