WAS: Alive but whining NOW: Mixed year car exhaust

I've had a few SS exhausts, since the TDs and TDIs come with them. My 87
held up for about 8 years of daily duty (and salt), and the 99 for a bit
less, it had welds at the cat that let go. Anyway, that's not your concern.
I have three cars with TT stuff on them, and one had some fitment issues
but overall the pipes bolted up fine, and I haven't had any issues. Two are
SS, one is a mishmash of mostly aluminized. I have a fourth TT setup
sitting on the garage floor waiting to go in at some point, so I'll have
three with TT SS and Borla. (the aluminized will be replaced, but just due
to its size, it may well end up in a cabby at some point). If you're
thinking of TT, talk to Peter, he'll give you advise on what your options
are. My Bug's front to back SS exhaust was a lot cheaper than just the cat
from the dealer, so that one was a no brainer. Borla mufflers aren't super
quiet (not deafening either), but the tone is SO nice! :)
cathy